Home » News » Two friendlies: a victory and a draw

Two friendlies: a victory and a draw

Published: 28-01-2019 15:49

Not everything at the training camp went the way everyone expected. Due to bad weather on Saturday, the White Star team played only one friendly, that had to be stopped twice, as hail stones rained down on Belek. Despite the unusual conditions, Maciej Stolarczyk’s men won against Vorskla Poltava 2-0. The second friendly was finally played on Sunday and Wisła Kraków drew 1-1 with Etar Veliko Tarnovo.

Przemek Marczewski Przemek Marczewski

Already at the beginning of the first game, it turned out that playing in such conditions wouldn’t be easy, and due to strong wind, especially playing in the air would be a problem. From one minute to the other, the situation was getting worse and the decision to stop the game was taken by the referees. During that unplanned break, Wisła Kraków players gained new energy and got close to scoring the first goal of the match.
In the second half, their attempts were more successful: after a foul on Dawid Malik, Aleksander Buksa scored from a penalty kick. A bit later, the game was stopped once again, however after some minutes under the covered stand, the players came back on the pitch and Wisła Kraków didn’t need more than a quarter to score another goal. The ball, that bounced back from Vorskla Poltava footballers after the free kick from Matej Palčič, slipped from the hands of the goalkeeper and Daniel Morys put it into the net.  
Wisła Kraków 2-0 Vorskla Poltava (0-0)
1-0 Buksa 67' (p.)
2-0 Morys 82'
Wisła Kraków: Buchalik (46’ Lis) - Palčič, Hoyo-Kowalski, Laskoś, Świątko - Szot, Moskiewicz, Malik, Morys, Plewka - Buksa
Vorskla Poltava: Reznik (46’ Solobchuk) - Dubko (46’ Pylypenko), Taraduda (46’ Korotchenko), Melnichuk (46’ Kutsenko), Chelyadin (46’ Mamrosenko), Tovstiy (46’ Yurchenko), Biely (46’ Posevkin), Zaytsev (46’ Kotov), Kozyrenko (46’ Galata), Lyga (46’ Kozhevnikov), Chertkoev (46’ Mamrosenko)
Yellow card: Szot
On Sunday, Wisła Kraków line-up was changed from that which won 2-0 against Vorskla Poltava. As a consequence, the first half belonged to the team from Cracow. In the minute 17. Marko Kolar received a good ball from Krzysztof Drzazga and scored the opening ball. A few minutes later, Drzazga himself put the ball into the net but the referee decided it was an offside goal. 
Etar equalised a few minutes before the end of the game: Georgi Syrmow hit the ball with precision from about 16 meters. 
Wisła Kraków 1-1 Etar Veliko Tarnovo (1-0)
1-0 Kolar 17'
1-1 Syrmow 82'
Wisła Kraków: Lis (46' Buchalik) - Burliga, Wasilewski, Sadlok, Pietrzak - Klemenz, Basha - Błaszczykowski, Drzazga, Śliwa (46' Peszko) - Kolar
Etar Veliko Tarnovo: 1st half: Gospodinow - Stanew, Gyłybow, Wasilew, Georgijew - Mładenow, Manneh, Rumenow, Bojaj, Poczanski - Angełow
2nd half: Iwanow - Ilijew, Skerlew, Artjunin, Stojanow K. - Stojanow I., Syrmow, Kolew, Dżamow, Batrović - Petkow
Yellow cards: Burliga (Wisła), Stojanow K., Ilijew
Red card: Ilijew 
Wisła Krakow Press Office

back to top